Sunday, March 29, 2015

The woods by my house

My family is not used to having me around so much. I'm trying to be a good sport and put on my happiest face, but I am dealing with a fair amount of discomfort -- both physical and mental -- right now. This, of course, puts a strain on my family, from my incredibly supportive wife, Heidi, and our three children, who as luck would have it are off from school for the next week.

My sons Joey and James just took a walk in the woods by my house. We live at the end of a dead-end road, with acres of deep woods that the boys love to explore. This is the view of a deep gorge in the woods, a great winter scene despite the fact that April is just days away.

The events of the past few days/weeks still have my head spinning. Will do my best to soldier on without too much self-pity.

No comments: