Saturday, March 8, 2014

Beard today ... gone tomorrow: 1,500 dimes


My 100-day beard quest is over, and it was a successful -- if hairy -- venture. I received a total of $150 in donations for Dimes for Downs, and as you can see I converted all the donations to dimes for Judy Adams and her wonderful charity. We are holding up the heavy bags of dimes outside on Thursday. On Friday morning, I went to my barber Sal for a clean shave, head and face. He did not take a straight razor to the face, so there is a little stubble, but you can see the alarming before-and-after photo collage done by my oldest son Joey here. Speaking of alarming, I sure did startle team members and McCann staffers on Friday morning when I came in with a clean face for the first time in more than three months ... Thanks to all who donated. Can't say I will do the same beard thing next year, but the facial hair sure came in handy this winter.

No comments: