Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Why I love Derek Jeter, part 17

Derek Jeter is among my all-time favorite athletes in any sport. Sure, he's got the matinee idol looks. Sure, he plays for my favorite team. Sure, he is a first-ballot Hall of Famer. But among the many things I admire about his game is his CONSISTENCY. Consistency is one of my favorite traits (remember, I was a proud streak runner for more than a decade!).

On that note, check out the link to this New York Times blog post about a pretty amazing milestone Jeter is about to reach. With a few more hits this week, he will reach 150 for the season -- the 17th consecutive season he will have that many hits. The only other player in Major League history to do that was Hank Aaron, who may be the most consistent performer in the history of the sport.

No comments: