Friday, February 10, 2012

Playing for Kips: Stuff the ballot box!

We know him and remember him as a school record holding triple jumper and a valued member of record-setting relay teams; a quiet competitor with a great heart.

Local residents may know him for his mostly behind-the-scenes work as a sports journalist for a local cable company.

But today, we write about our old pal Shaun Kippins in another capacity: As a passionate baseball fan. Below is an email I received from Shaun earlier today:

Hey Pete,

Knowing your love of the Yankees and I believe baseball in general, I wanted to tell you I've been chosen as a finalist for the MLB Fan Cave contest. I'm not sure if you know what that is, but basically the Fan Cave is an apartment in NYC where MLB will be sending a handful of fans to watch every MLB game this season, while competing against each other to be the last person standing and win a trip to the World Series! … I've made the top 50 out of over 22,000 entries and now I need votes to move on to the next round. Here is a link to my submission: Shaun Kippins Entry you can vote as many times as you want, just keep refreshing the page! Spread the word if you can!!

Thanks,
Shaun


As a public service to our old pal and loyal track alum and supporter Shaun Kippins, I ask that you click his link many times in an effort to get him to win this “Cave” thing. How cool would that be? You can refresh the link an unlimited amount of times to run up the vote count for Shaun.

Good luck to Shaun in his quest to watch every Major League Baseball game in 2012.

No comments: