Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Note from an old friend (CT)

Hello men: In case you did not see Matt (CT) Szymaszek's comment after my post-Albany post, it is here below. Note well that you guys have a very dedicated and loyal following among our alumni runners, the guys who paved the way for our successes. I was proud of them then, I am proud of them now, and I cherish their loyalty to our program.

Here's CT's comments:

Congrats to all of you who ran personal bests. It seems like Saturday was a good day for past and present Foxes. As some of you know I ran the Hartford half marathon and, like some of you, ran a PR, a 3:40 second PR. I finished 9th overall with a time of 1:17:13, and would have flirted with sub 1:17 if miles 11 and 12 were not 6:05 and 6:00 (the only two miles over six minutes). I've only been running 5-6 days a week and squeezing in one workout a week.

It's championship season and now is the time to flip the switch. These are the races you have been training for. You guys are in great shape, believe in your training and one another. PR's and great teams are realized before you cross the finish line. Potential isn't worth shit on the line. Show me. There are plenty of people that are watching this team, both running and non-running alumni. People were asking me at the half marathon because they saw my Marist Alumni jersey.

Keep up the good work. It's been great to see the progression some of you have made over the course of this season and over the past few years. Let is rip these next few weeks, we'll all be watching.

No comments: