Thursday, April 3, 2014

Smart ideas

Now that I've got this Smart Phone and I can read the New York Times (all sections, but my favorites, in order, are Sports, Opinion, and the Well Blog) and the Daily News sports section on it whenever I want, I find myself spending less and less time on my laptop, where I am right now. I can and do check my email on my phone as well, a true novelty to me but something that the rest of the world has been hip to since, oh, 2007 or so (or so my good pal Sean T. McMann says).

So anyway, the one thing I have NOT gotten around to on my phone – and I doubt that I will – is replying at length to emails or writing blog posts like this. I have sent a few “Oh, OK, great thanks” email replies, but little else. It is pretty remarkable how much I rely on this new device now, and also how quickly the battery runs out of juice. I have been told this is very common for Smart Phones. I still remain a not-so-smart Smart Phone user. But I am adapting.

No comments: