Monday, August 25, 2008

Ogden Hills revisited

Hello again!

Remember the blog?

Well, I took a few months off. So sue me. Dock me my pay, already. Now it's time to make up for lost ground, hopefully, with more posts.

Now that the team is back in town, we're all energized by each other's company. It is a fun and serious group, and we saw that this afternoon at Ogden Mills with our annual, season-opening workout.

The "van talk" today brought up this fancy blog and why it hasn't been updated in months. So, for you blog fans out there on the team and beyond, I'll try to revive it a bit with team news and updates and the usual.

Obviously, as we get near and around meet times, I will use the blog as a way to summarize and analyze our performances.

Today's workout was excellent despite the heat. It was great to see the men's and women's teams practicing together, and that will happen with more frequency in the coming days, weeks and months.

We are heading into a new and exciting time in our program's history, and I am looking forward to it.

So after a summer of slacking off in my coaching duties -- what the heck, it is basically a 7-day-a-week job for about 9 months! -- I'm back at it and I will try to blog on a semi-regular basis.

Hopefully someone out there is still reading.

Have an excellent evening, everyone ...