Thursday, January 2, 2014

Throwback Thursday: 1970s era Marist singlets




Thanks to avid blog follower Marty McGowan for providing me a few more Throwback Thursday photos – he could probably supply us with material for an entire year of Thursdays! The top photo is of Marty after the 1977 NYC Marathon. He wrote in an e-mail: “Yes, the jersey is on inside-out. It was my first marathon, and I was so nervous before the race that I put the thing on inside-out, and didn’t realize it until my mom took this picture of me in the Sheep Meadow of Central Park after the race was over.” The smaller photo to the left is of Marty at home after the 1978 Westchester Half Marathon. “This time,’’ he wrote, “I looked in the mirror before going outside.”

For those keeping score at home, Marty is a lot older and grayer these days. But he's still going strong, and still remains our most loyal alum from that bygone era.

No comments: