Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year: Blog stats and reset button

Happy New Year. Sorry for the lack of posts but it is the holidays and we have been spending them with family and traveling to and fro throughout the area. It has been a great holiday season. With the calendar flipping to 2014, though, it’s time to start gearing up for the resumption of track season. Much of the team will be back on campus on Monday to resume practice. Our first meet of the New Year is on Friday, Jan. 10, at the Armory.


As we start another year of blogging, allow me to bore you with statistics (for those keeping score at home, of course).

At the start of 2013, the Total Pageviews count stood at 264,500. As of this 6 a.m. today, before my first jog of the New Year with Fast Tony and Davie O, the count stood at 376,119. This means that there were 111,619 pageviews for 2013 (again, for those keeping score at home … and I KNOW you are!). We are grateful for all the traffic to the blog. I still believe in the long-form format that blogging allows. I am not anti-Twitter or other social media (I dipped my toe into Facebook in 2013, after all!), but the blog still works for me. Hopefully, it works for you as well.

As always, the mission of this blog is to keep members of the Marist Track Family informed of the goings on of our current athletes, our alumni athletes, and all others associated with our program. In addition, on occasion, I use the blog as an outlet for my own creative (debatable?) writing pursuits about whatever’s on my mind or whatever is going on in my life. Mostly, I try to keep the focus of this blog on everyone else that has made this journey so rewarding each and every day and each and every year. As the season resumes in full force, expect much of the content to revolve around practices and meets.

Comments and suggestions for content are always welcome – as are pictures! I enter 2014 still without a Smart Phone, so please EMAIL all pictures or content to me at runhed246@hotmail.com. Here’s hoping for a productive and rewarding 2014 for everyone in the Marist Running Family.  

No comments: