Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Cold weather, part 1: Bus stop chatter

Just got back from the bus stop with my youngest son James. We were outside in the elements for 2 minutes, but it felt like 2 hours. We drove down our short dead-end street to the state road where the bus stops, but we get out when busses start rolling because we do not know which one will be his. Today was not our lucky day, as ours was the last of 5 busses to roll by. Here are some of the highlights from clipped conversations out in the bitter cold while waiting for bus route #50 to mercifully stop traffic: 

Little girl #1: It feels like my nose is freezing.
Mom #1: Joelle, where your good gloves at?
Idiot Dad: If this next bus is not ours, we’re all going back in my car.
Little girl #2: My toes are freezing cold.
James: Feels like the wind is blowing right through my jeans.
Mom #2: My ears are gonna fall off.

The bus arrived on time, and we parents scattered to warm areas as quickly as we could. Stay safe out in these extreme conditions.

No comments: