Monday, September 8, 2008

Vassar Farm: Yay or Nay?

OK, time for a little reader participation.

Current team members and alumni are all welcome to chime in.

There seems to be a polarization of opinion on a certain practice venue: Vassar College Farm.

Past and current team members are divided in a Marist Cross Country sort of Civil War. There seems to be no in between. Either you think it's the greatest workout venue ever, or you can't stand it.

Since we have a fairly large number of newcomers this year, there was a lot of new and raw opinions and emotions after our fartlek on the usual gravel road.

The workout, by the way, went great.

Whaddaya think? Is Vassar Farm a great place to train? Does it stink? Does it matter?

Let me know. Post a comment or shoot me an email at runhed246@hotmail.com

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oddly enough, I was thinking of the Vassar Farm workouts recently during a 1k repeat workout. My two cents: I used to like working out there, even though it was a bit dull in terms of scenery.

Tom Dixon said...

Its easy to get there, the road is measured, and you can warm up/ cool down in the woods (for a fair amount) to stay out of the heat. I think its a very practical venue.

Cant wait to see you guys at IMOC.
Have fun at Jerk Squad

TDix

B Dix said...

Vassar farm is great... if you like to twist your ankle or enjoy running on a hot open road in 90 degree heat.

Vassar= stupid liberals.

matt walsh said...

How can you consider dropping a venue which is famous for Jamaal Padget throwing a cone into the woods? And, according to Adam Ritter, that path was laid down by the indians!

Vassar farms = yea.

B-Dix = nay.

rolek said...

Bdix has no idea what he is talking about. Vassar Farms is a fantastic place to train (even with all the Libs crawling around). You got great trails, a rolling hill road with marked off quarters and its close. This is a no brainer.

Teddy said...

Love it!
The only thing I wish is that I could have been one of those Vassar Liberals running around so I didn't have to associate with BDix...

but really, I enjoyed it, Its relatively flat and open for a good chance to do longer pushes on a softer surface.

hicks said...

My favorite part about Vassar farms was always "freestyle" running through the BMX jumps. I would imagine I was Justin Harris in a home-made bike video doing wheelies and toe grabs. But as far as workouts go, Walsh is right, Vassar's greatest claim to fame is Jamal throwing cones into the woods.