Monday, September 22, 2008

A new poll

With a rare, midseason revisit to the usual, first-day-of-practice Ogden Mills hills workout coming up on Tuesday, I thought it would be a good subject for a new poll question.

Most readers of this blog are present or past runners under me since 1991. That has been our traditional first practice workout ever since I started coaching.

It is a mostly love-hate thing with the "Ogden Hills." Some (Rolek?) think the hill is "cheesy."

So I thought it might make for a good poll question.

Feel free to vote or comment on it here.

5 comments:

rolek said...

Very cheesy.

Justin said...

Only because I rode my bike a bit much during the summer the Mills workout was always a great first workout. However, if we did the workout that the girls did/do then I would have died. I always thought it was funny that the girls had tougher and longer workouts than the guys. Kudos Ladies.

matt walsh said...

I think it's a great workout to begin the season. I'm not in love with it, but I think for the freshmen and guys that want to ease a little bit in to the training from the summer Ogden-Mills plays the role well.

Unknown said...

Not in love with it... i certainly don't "hate it"
Off topic, sort of, I love the hills at Bowdoin!

Schabby said...

Pete you know where I'm gunna go with this...Did not mind it as an opening workout, but dreaded it the rest of the time (hence opting out of one my senior year) - going with Teddy on the Bowdoin hills workouts....Odgen Mills was still a excellent place for regular runs