Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Olympic Trials update: Elizabeth Wasserman finishes strong!

We are very proud of Marist Running Alum Elizabeth Wasserman, who successfully completed Saturday’s U.S. Olympic Trials Marathon in 2:52:36; she was 278th out of 390 finishers. Here’s her race report, via text: It was definitely a rough day. The hills and the wind just caught up to me by the end. It seems as though the course killed lots of people ... I think nearly 80 women dropped? My time was obviously nowhere near I where I would've liked but I placed pretty well- especially for being seeded second to last. It was a great experience and also a totally different type of race experience (looped course, all women, small field compared to many marathons, etc.) Although I was in lots of pain and discomfort for a good chunk of the race, I still had fun running around. I'm still processing a lot of it! Thanks to her former teammate, Jenna Robinson, for providing updates and this photo from the course.

No comments: