Sunday, November 5, 2017

NYC Marathon: Marist Running results

After a day of obsessively refreshing the app on my phone and the results on my laptop – along with spending five hours at a club swim meet – here’s what we could cobble together in terms of Marist Running results at Blog Central for today's New York City Marathon:

Girma Segni: 2:23:51 (18th overall!)
Ryan Fitzsimons: 2:50:52
Kyle Hannafin: 3:09:07
Omar Perez: 3:13:59
Billy Hild: 3:37:04 (post-race photo here)
Tim Keegan: 3:19:39
Todd Bivona: 3:48:52

Here’s Kyle’s race report via email: Hi! Today’s race was an unbelievable experience. My official time was 3:09:07, which was off my goal of 3:05 but I am really happy to debut with a sub-3:10 in rainy, slick conditions. I now realize that my first 7-8 miles was too fast (second mile was 6:12!). I kept telling myself to relax and stay patient, but the crowd on 4th Ave was out of this world and intense. Their energy was toxic and I guess my body just couldn’t hold back! As a result, I began to fall apart a bit around 17-18. I must have heard “Go Marist!” 20 times throughout the race, which was pretty awesome too.

In terms of my local running friends – early-morning jogging partners and others, here’s what we found:

Tony Ferreri: 3:30:56
Ken Schneider: 4:07:53
Nick Lamando: 3:43:36
Jason Bellamy: 4:55:58
Krys Wasielewski: 5:01:07


If I missed anyone – which seems likely to me – please let me know and I’ll update with further posts. Proud of everyone’s efforts on a warm-ish/wet-ish day in the five boroughs. 

No comments: