Tuesday, September 15, 2015

The shoes fit!

This photo of senior XC runner Nicki Nesi proves a few things, in no particular order:

1. I'm terrible with a cell phone camera. This, of course, is no surprise.
2. Timing is everything. Or, it isn't.
3. Sometimes, you just get lucky.

OK. Here's the story. Nicki was looking for me before afternoon practice. "Pete! I need to look through the pile of shoes in your office. I forgot my sneakers at home." Oh. Really? Well. As we mentioned in a recent post, all those shoes were finally removed from the office just last Friday. And as also mentioned in the recent post, a new wave of donations started coming in. Now. When I say "wave" I really should say "trickle" as there were only 3 or 4 old pairs in there. Nicki needed a pair for the day. She lives off campus. She needed women's size 7.5. Voila! Amazingly, she was in luck! She got this pair from the small (but hopefully growing) scrap heap and was smiling and on her way. The shoes fit!

1 comment:

Hild said...

Not bad for taking a picture with a potato, Pete!