Sunday, November 9, 2014

The five months of winter

I heard the words "polar vortex" being tossed around on the news and on weather forecasts. Apparently, some cold weather is on the way. But! As a Certified Weather Geek, I already knew that. I'm frequently cold, so as the calendar has turned to November I have told my family that we are entering the "five months of winter." Telltale signs in my world that the five months of winter have begun:

--I have replaced my traditional tube socks with wool socks.
--Boots have replaced sneakers as my everyday footwear, on most days.
--In a big score, I found some fleece/flannel lined khaki pants at Wal-Mart near my parents' home in New Jersey.
--The space heater is on in my closet-turned-office at home.
--Hat and gloves for every morning jog now.

Sure, we'll have a few warmish days coming up, but the five months of winter have begun.

No comments: