Sunday, November 16, 2014

I'm a ram. Yes I am.

Many alert blog followers may know that my favorite band is Gov’t Mule, led by the inimitable and awesome Warren Haynes. I do not attend many rock concerts anymore, but if I have the opportunity to see the Mule, I will do my best to get there. Friday night, the band was placing at the Palace Theatre in Albany. Although it was a long day at regionals, I figured out a way – with an assist from Marist Running Alum Billy Hild – to get there.


Essentially, Hild was my caddie and my taxi. He’s not a Mule fan but I thought he might enjoy the hard-rockin’ style. And he did. I’m glad he liked it and I’m even more glad he drove me home as I was approaching more than 20 hours of being awake by the time the concert ended. As usual, Warren and the boys played two long sets and an encore, for close to three hours of excellent and unique music. And in case you are wondering, the title of this post is taken from one of their regular concert songs that was a highlight on Friday night – “I’m a Ram.”

No comments: