Sunday, February 2, 2014

MHRRC Winter Run: Woof, woof ...

Marist Running had a nice contingent at Sunday's Mid-Hudson Road Runners Club Winter Run 5-miler at James Baird State Park in LaGrange. My loyalties were split between my Marist brothers and sisters and my Junk Yard Dogs friends, as you can see in the photo above. Our beloved JYD brother, Stalwart Dog (Krys Wasielewski) was sorely missed today. Recently retired Stalwart is back in his native Poland for a few weeks tending to his elderly family members there. In the JYD group, I am known as "Press Dog" because of my weekly running column in Dutchess County's Finest Daily Newspaper. But today, as the JYDs witnessed my Winter Beard for the first time, my name was changed to "Grizzly Dog." Present, from left, after me: Chris Kennan (Towering Dog), Alan Tousignant (Guru Dog), Jo Blackmore, Mike Murphy (Big Dog), Steve Benardete, David Walker (Doctor Dog). More results and photos to follow ... 

No comments: