Thursday, November 3, 2011

You can't make this stuff up

From the Truth Is Stranger Than Fiction file, I present to you the following links to articles that in varying degrees are truly hard to believe:

1. Thanks to Kelley Gould for sending me this Fox News link to an article from a few years ago about the apparently legitimate dangers of texting and walking in London, as a follow-up to my previous post on the subject. If someone else were to have sent me this link, I honestly would have thought this was a National Lampoon or The Onion type spoof. Apparently, this is a legitimate story, about padded lampposts. Hmm.

2. This morning, as my wife was checking her Facebook, she showed me a link to a truly unbelievable, surreal and downright creepy article that was posted by a former Poughkeepsie Journal colleague of mine, David Boroff, who now works for the New York Daily News. The immediate instinct is to think this is a photo-shop type hoax ... but it was published in the Daily News (and perhaps elsewhere). David said it was by far the most bizarre and unusual story he has ever written. Uh, yeah.

No comments: