Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving

OK. I was going to do a heartfelt Thanksgiving post, telling the blogosphere all that I am grateful for. But today, I’m going to do something different.

First off, I am thankful and grateful for the many blessings in my life. But I believe that I have those feelings year-round, and not just on a given day. This late summer/fall was an up-and-down rollercoaster for us in many ways, and it put clearly into focus all for which I am grateful.

So rather than another post from me, instead I am going to share with you a Letter to God by my 6-year-old son James. James is in kindergarten. Please remember that when you read this letter. He dictated it to his 9-year-old sister Natalie, who typed it up on the computer.

Here is James’ Letter to God.

Dear God,

Thank you for making us helpful.

Thank you for the world. Thank you for the sky and ground. Thank you from all us Colaizzos for our wonderful family. Thank you for Moms and Dads and Grandmas and Grandpas.

Thank you for tissues. Thank you for school. Thank you for myself. Thank you for all the things I love. Thank you for Mario times video games. Thank you for Legos.

Thank you for fields and the clouds. Thank you for when I was in heaven before I was a baby. Thank you for the animals at the zoo. Thank you for God.

Love,
James

P.S. How did you make the world?


Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

1 comment:

Purple Otter said...

Very nice post, Happy Thanksgiving!