Sunday, November 13, 2011

Alums shine at Stockade-athon



Marist Alumni Running was well represented at Sunday’s Stockade-athon 15-kilometer race in Schenectady.

Brittany Burns sported an elite bib number and lived up to the pre-race billing by getting fifth overall among women and second in her age group. Brit finished in 58:02, a 6:14 pace over the course that she said was “more challenging than I thought.” She added that she was pleased with her finish, as well she should be!

Nick Webster, running now for the Albany Running Exchange, placed 11th overall and third in the 20-24 age group (the first two finishers in the age group were 1-2 in the race). Web ran 50:49, an average of 5:28 per mile; an excellent effort.

Brit also saw her former teammate, Lisa D’Aniello, who had a strong age-group performance as well. Lisa was fifth in the 25-29 division in 1:06:04, an average of 7:06 per mile for the 9.3-mile course.

Great running, everyone!

4 comments:

Hopkins said...

Webs is running for the Albany Running Exchange?! WTF... They're the team we compete with every year at Mudders and Grunters for the Geronimo Cup!

Nick said...

Calm down Hops. I know the past history at Mudders and Grunters between the 2 clubs. If I do run that race, it will most likely be unattached to avoid confrontation. Cut me some slack, they're the best running team around!

Pete said...

Hopkins, you know I appreciate and cherish your loyalty to all things Marist Running. For the record, I fully endorse Web's involvement with ARE. They are a great group and I believe they will help Web continue his development. I'm thrilled to see him have such great success on the roads.

Hopkins said...

Haha, okay. There may have been a slight overreaction on my part. Keep up the good work Webs.