Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Election Day

Today is Election Day. It is my sincere hope that all of you reading this voted or will vote. Even college students can and should vote – even if it means absentee ballots. Oftentimes, those ballots are the decision-makers in close elections!

Back when I used to work at Dutchess County’s Finest Daily Newspaper, Election Day was (and probably still is) a BIG NIGHT. I always enjoyed it because there was FREE FOOD available later in the evening.

One of my former colleagues there pointed out that, most years, Election Day weather is unseasonably warm and nice. Because he was a day-shifter who had to work the night shift on Election Day, his routine would be to play 9 holes of golf during the day before work. He always reported great golfing weather – odd for November in the Northeast.

Today is no exception, as it is sunny and mild. Nice. We’ll take it.

1 comment:

Alex Cuesta said...

It is also my birthday.