Monday, October 10, 2016

Another sprinter goes the distance


Big shout-out to senior sprint team member Olivia Jaquith for completing the Army 10-miler on Sunday in Washington, D.C., in a very respectable time of 1:17:27 (7:45 per mile average). It was a family affair for Olivia, who described it this way via email: “My mother ran this race for the first time 10 years ago to ring in her 40th birthday.  I convinced her to run it with me this year, as she turns 50 on the 16th.  My older brother, who works at the Pentagon, ran it with us, as well.  His wife was supposed to join us, but she announced last night that they are expecting their first child, so my younger sister, Isabelle, decided at the last minute to run in her stead.’’ Remember: Olivia’s primary event is 400 meters; the Army 10-miler is approximately 40 times that in length. Molly Weeks in the half marathon last week; Olivia in the 10-miler this week. Pretty cool stuff.

No comments: