Sunday, August 21, 2016

Preseason 2016: Tracking the Olympics

Upon returning from Saturday's birthday dinner, I went to the basement of the student center where the majority of the XC team was gathered around the TV to watch some exciting Olympic races. I was a few minutes late for the scintillating victory by Matt Centrowitz in the men's 1,500, but I was able to see the men's 5,000, women's 800 and both 4x400 relays. This has been a marvelous Olympics for Team USA -- in all sports, but definitely in track. And then, this morning, while I was out in Millbrook with the men's XC team for their long run on the dirt roads, we were tracking the men's marathon splits on my phone and watching a live stream on Saad's phone (not to mention getting numerous text updates from loyal alums), witnessing an excellent and competitive marathon and a strong bronze medal from Galen Rupp. Go USA.

No comments: