Friday, August 19, 2016

Preseason 2016: Easy commute

Well, what do you know? I found one perk of staying in the sweaty dorms: An easy commute. I’ll explain: On Friday mornings, my Dawn Patrol running/jogging buddies and I meet up at Marist for a 6-mile loop that goes up and over College Hill and dips down to the Hudson River before an uphill finish back to the Sheahan Parking lot. The run starts at 5:30 a.m. Instead of having to wake up extra early to catch a ride with Tony or drive myself, I just had to roll out of bed and walk down the stairs to the Sheahan lot. Not bad. And away we went, an unusually large group this morning – Tony (the Czar), Ken (the politician), Davey O, Pastor Pete, de la Hoya (Neil) and the old coach (me). I should have gotten a group shot, as six of us is a large gathering for a humid, early-morning jaunt. Neat.

No comments: