Sunday, October 30, 2011

World Series Game 6

Under normal circumstances, there is no way I would have witnessed the dramatics of the 2011 World Series Game 6 on Thursday night. Fortunately, our men’s XC team had its annual Pre-MAAC Pump Up meeting at Lower Fulton and I was invited.

As a result, I did not get home until about 10:30 p.m. Wired from the motivational meeting and the bracing cold of the chilly evening, I stayed awake to watch perhaps the most riveting and dramatic World Series game of them all. Despite not having a rooting interest in this World Series, it was a treat to witness the twists and turns of a game that will be talked about forever.

So even though the final, dramatic home run was not hit till after midnight, I was awake to watch it. Thanks to our team.

1 comment:

Steve said...

I went to bed after the 7th inning thinking the series was over. Silly me!