Monday, October 17, 2011

Cheerleading dad



Thanks to Marist College senior mathematics professor Christina Vertullo for sending along this shot of yours truly at my daughter's cheerleading competition on Sunday. Prof. Vertullo was there at the Mid-Hudson Civic Center to watch her granddaughter at the cheerleading competition.

Yes. That's right. CHEERLEADING COMPETITION. After spending the better part of three days cheering on runners, on Sunday I was at the Mid-Hudson Civic Center ... cheering on cheerleaders!

You'll see me in the middle of the spirit-laden "Hyde Park Eagles" cheering section.

I realize that posting such a picture will open me up to all sorts of wisecracks and what-not from my maturity-challenged team. But that is OK! I am a proud dad of a very happy cheerleader ...

Although, I must admit that the decibel level and somewhat questionable (understatement!) musical selections at this competition were a little nerve-wracking, coming on the heels of the mega-van time of the previous few days.

First and 10, do it again ...

2 comments:

Greg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Greg said...

I think what is funny in the photo is the kid in the lower-right, and the guy directly behind him. Those two look like they're having the time of their lives.