Friday, October 28, 2011

Proud of my fifth man


While we were busy at the MAAC Championships at Van Cortlandt Park on Friday, there was another important cross country meet going on up in Staatsburg at the Mills Mansion (site of our season-opening hill workout): The Mid-Hudson Athletic League (MHAL) Championships.

This is an excellent local league with a long tradition of competitive league championships. I always liked attending it, but it usually coincides with MAAC Meet Day so I have not been there in a while. Today, I had a true rooting interest, as my seventh-grade son Joey runs for the Modified Team at Haviland Middle School.

While the modified races are not officially scored, I’m happy to report that the HMS boys were the top team in the meet. Joey has been fourth or fifth man on HMS all season; today, he was fifth man again in his season-ending meet.

Their home course is a little longer than 1.5 miles and has some of the Mills Hills in it. If you are interested, click here for complete results.

The photo above was taken at a meet earlier in the season.

To Joey and the HMS Hawks: NICELY DONE!

No comments: