Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Random notes ...

--Nice workouts both Tuesday and Wednesday by all groups -- men and women, across the board. As luck would have it, we were able to stagger the groups so that the organized chaos was very tolerable for everyone involved. A hearty "nicely done" to one and all.

--I have some sort of fancy new phonemail training on Thursday from 2-3 p.m. If anyone is looking for me at practice time, that's where I'll be. I will see everyone after I am done being trained on phonemail, which has been all but rendered obsolete anyway since most of us have/use exclusively our cell phones.

--Bus departures for this weekend: BU/Terrier, Friday, 9:30 a.m. Mets, Saturday, 6:30 a.m.

--Excuse forms: Between add/drop and the new banner system, excuse forms for Friday's travel may not be available till practice time on Thursday. I know, I know: That's no "excuse," but it is what it is. We'll streamline the system for future Friday travels. Please communicate with your professors accordingly.

--For fellow weather geeks out there, please check out midhudsonweather.com, my new favorite Web site.

--My class cancellation predictions are as follows: Wednesday night classes (see ya!); possibly early Thursday classes (8 a.m. and 9:30 a.m., see ya!). But don't count on it or quote me on it. This "major storm" seems to be fizzling by the minute. For details, see midhudsonweather.com.

--The proposed men's practice time debate is heating up, and the poll seems to be generating moderate interest. There is talk of a formal debate with AJ taking the pro-11 a.m. side, and Schanz (God help us) taking the pro-2 p.m. side. Stay tuned for details, this could be entertaining.

--And lastly, if you are looking for interesting weather information, please go to midhudsonweather.com. Oh wait. Did I say that already?

No comments: