Monday, January 17, 2011

It's growing on me



Update, 1.18.11: As per request, above photo taken on Saturday, 1.08.11, at FA 50km race ...

The reaction from team members just arriving on campus after the intersession away has been the same.

Wow. Coach. The beard!

I have not shaved since Thanksgiving morning. For those keeping score at home, that was many weeks ago. The plan is to try to make this Mountain Man look last until the end of indoor track -- God willing, IC4As, March 6, Boston. We'll see if I can make it that far.

For now, this is the longest I've ever grown my facial hair.

Someone asked me if the beard was itchy and uncomfortable.

My answer, of course: "Nah. It's growing on me."

3 comments:

Steve said...

OK, for those of us many miles away, we need a current picture.

Lisa said...

It looks like it must keep your face warm!

Steve said...

Thanks for the picture. It looks great.