Tuesday, October 5, 2010

What's your address?

I cannot remember if I have posted on this in the past, and I am too lazy to look back on it.

Not to sound like an old fart, but this younger generation apparently does not utilize the U.S. Mail too much.

-- I just hung up the phone with a recruit. Nice kid. Fast runner. Interested. Great, I say. Can I have your address, so I can mail you some stuff? Sure, he says: 84 Grand Avenue (made up address). OK, I say. Silence on the other end. No city. No state. No zip. 84 Grand Avenue. Allllllllllllll righty then! It's not getting to you THAT WAY, my friend!

-- Similarly, when getting back recruiting questionnaires, all I get is a street address. 151 East Main Street. Something like that. Gee whiz. Thanks. I'll address the envelope and let the postal service GUESS where it should go, huh? No wonder they "go postal?"

Anyway, it dawns on me that they probably don't get or receive a lot of snail mail. Heck, many rarely check e-mail anymore. But, for the 20-and-under set nowadays, if I "poke" them on Facebook (NOT HAPPENING, I DON'T DO FACEBOOK) or text them (NOT ALLOWED IN RECRUITING!), an instant response back is highly likely.

More on this in a future post ...

1 comment:

Steve said...

I seem to remember this theme from last year! Mabye your recruiting form needs lines for "City", "State", "Zip"