Friday, October 15, 2010

Notes from the steam room

Perhaps I have mentioned this in a previous post, and for those that know me well this may not surprise you: When traveling overnight for our sport, I usually CRANK the heat in the hotel rooms. Phil remembers the sauna-like qualities of our away-from-home quarters.

So here I sit in shorts and T-shirt, with the heat set at a very comfortable 78 degrees (down from 82 from earlier!). A few random notes ...

-- I've been texting like my teenage niece this afternoon/evening, wishing the men and women racing at UAlbany in the morning the best of success. If you are reading this, RUN TOUGH ladies and gentlemen! Also, if you are reading this the night before the race ... GET TO BED SOON, ALREADY! The weather looks better than originally expected. Wish I could be there.

-- This Yankee game is stressing me out. As I type this, CC is getting shelled to the tune of 5-0 after 4 innings. Not exactly how we had it drawn up, especially with Cliff Lee looming for Game 3. Wonder if Joe Girardi will reconsider AJ Burnett as the Game 4 starter?

-- Great to see Marist alum Sean Hopkins here today at Penn State. He travels with the West Virginia team.

-- Check back either later Saturday, Sunday or Monday for results from both Penn State and UAlbany ...

No comments: