Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Winter vacation: Palmer's Postcards from Hawaii




 In a wonderful respite from this terrible weather, I got the following photos from junior distance runner Palmer Weimann, who has been in Hawaii for the past week or so. He has been able to train in relatively warm weather while seeing dispatches from home about the cold and ice and snow. Here's what he texted me: Being in Hawaii and hearing stories about how bitter cold the Northeast is strange. On the one hand, I feel bad for everyone who has to run through that. On the other, it has been between 60-75 degress and sunny every day and I’ve gotten to see some spectacular views. While I hate to leave a place as nice as this, I also cannot wait to be back and be better for track. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aloha! Every morning, Palmer has been running on the most beautiful trails we’ve ever seen!