Wednesday, January 31, 2018

New smart phone. Same stupid user.

Forgive me if I have missed a call or text in the past few days. Got me a new smart phone. The previous phone, my trusty Samsung Galaxy S-whatever had ridiculously poor battery life. For the past few months, I have had to navigate through the day with a series of portable chargers and finding outlets to plug in the phone. It got so bad that when I had it plugged in and charging, the battery life actually decreased. Absurdity. Time for a new phone. I had been putting it off, because quite frankly I couldn't afford a new phone. I wasn't "due for an upgrade" till May. Leave it to my brainiac son to come up with the solution: Buy your own phone and forget about the monthly payments. He recommended the Moto G5s (I think, something like that). The reviews on it say that the camera quality is not great but the battery life is fantastic. And it was extremely cost effective (look it up, I dare you to find a better phone for cheaper price). Sold! Got it. Went to the local Verizon store, got it set up and now I'm muddling around with a new phone. I've never been an iPhone guy. The operating system on this phone is similar to the Galaxy, with a few new quirks. I was never an expert user of the previous phone; same with this one. For those keeping score at home, the first apps I downloaded were: Accuweather, New York Times, NPR and Pacer (a step-counting app). There are others, but I'm getting bored just typing this, so I'll end this post now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Should have kept the flip phone

James Draney said...

New phone who dis