Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Some sort of sick joke

When I get texts on my phone, it buzzes and vibrates to let me know there's a new message (or 7) awaiting my review. When I get calls on my phone, the first few heavy strains of Led Zeppelin's "When the Levee Breaks" are played -- side note: was there a better drummer on the planet than John Bonham? Well. Here's the thing! I'm not a big fan of my cell phone right now. Oh sure, this anger is misdirected, but what the heck. It has been the bearer of many ill-fated (pun intended) messages and calls, today and the past few days:

--Stomach bug
--Head cold and congestion
--The flu
--The flu
--THE FLU
--Walking pneumonia
--Slipped on ice in morning run, banged up knee
--Fell of my ass on the way to 8 a.m. class, not pleased!
--Stomach bug
--The flu
--The flu
--THE FLU

Just a sampling of what today has brought, or wrought. Yeah. It hasn't been a great day. Actually, it has kind of sucked. Lots of illness circulating -- the Marist campus in general, or team in particular. This is not uncommon. College campuses, because they are communal areas, can be a breeding ground for such things. While that is true, I honestly cannot remember such a rampant run of illness in our program. There's never a good time for such things, but a week prior to the MAAC Indoor Championships is far from ideal. Our depth will be tested. Our depth has been tested already!

In the meantime, pass the Lysol and grab a squirt of Purell for your hands, lest you be the next one to buzz my phone with more bad news.

No comments: