Thursday, December 10, 2015

New laptop, 2015

It’s sleek. It’s modern. It’s lightweight and fast. It’s up-to-date, portable and very useful. OK! Now that I’ve got your attention, and now that you should be pretty certain I am not talking about Your Fearless Blog Author (me!), I’d like to introduce you to the vehicle that is now producing most of the blog material. And that would be? My New Laptop.


You may recall that every three years, Marist IT updates our computer equipment. The outgoing laptop, which I received sometime around the Disney Trip in the fall of 2012, has been replaced by this very fine, very lightweight machine. For those keeping score at home (and I KNOW you are … especially Joel?), according to the fine folks at IT, this is a “Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon, featuring an Intel i5 processor, a speedy solid state drive, a 14-inch full HD display and weighs in at a microscopic 2.99 pounds.” (Side note: Joel probably told Lenovo how to build this thing!). The “lightweight” part of this laptop has made for an odd transition for me, and that is this: I am actually “working” in my “office” now, since transporting this laptop is far easier than the previous, clunky machine. In fact! I am writing this post from my office right now. You know. The office in the McCann Center. The one with all the old sneakers in it? Yeah. There. Odd, I know. Most of the coaches in the vicinity are not used to having me around. Me. And my fancy new laptop. OK!

1 comment:

Raymond said...

This is such an awesome laptop! I've got one myself, and I highly rate the model and also the brand, they are always producing consistently good machines. I'm glad you've found a laptop that you're happy with, it's always tough buying new gear but you have made an excellent choice, my friend!

Raymond @ CKS Global Solutions LTD