Friday, July 4, 2014

Fourth of July race report, part 4

Congratulations to Marist Running Alum (and, for those keeping score at home, USATF Junior Nationals Alum) John Keenan for his continued strong running. JK-Trey raced for the first time wearing the navy and orange colors of the Bull City Track Club (Durham, N.C.). In the Carrboro Four on the Fourth in suburban Chapel Hill, John got second overall in 21:01. Here is his race report, sent via e-mail shortly after his race:


“I was a little disappointed I didn't break 21, but I have had some issues with my right IT band since I switched training shoes after the "Running of the Bulls" 8K that I finished 11th in, running 26:14. It's good to know that even after training for a while on a tight muscle I can maintain pace. I'm looking forward to the Beat the Heat 5K on 7/26 in Winston-Salem, NC before I most likely take it easy before the fall season. I'm looking at running the NC 10K Trail Championships in August and then head into half marathon territory to try and drop my PR below 75:20.”

Our recently married old pal has been doing some great running down in the south. Nicely done, JK-3!

No comments: