Sunday, March 17, 2013

Walsh runs strong debut in Arizona

Congrats to Marist Running Alum Matt Walsh (pictured here), who completed his first race since moving out to Flagstaff to live and train with fellow Marist Running Alum Adam Vess. Walsh completed a 15K race in Fountain Hills, Ariz., in a remarkably consistent and strong time of 51:06. Check this link for the result and splits. Walsh admitted to having to shake off some racing rust, but this was a solid effort nonetheless.

His racing singlet reads "Patientia," and this is how Walsh describes his new racing team: "Patientia is the team I am running for. As of now, it consists of me, Adam and Julian de Rubira from UC Santa Barbara. It was a bit of a change for me, but I take solace that I at least got to wear red shorts - I'm sure Kirk would approve of the color pairing." Yes, indeed. Nicely done, and keep running strong out West.

No comments: