Monday, March 25, 2013

Mudders 2013

Well, here is one advantage of being on Facebook: I get to poach pictures like this that I found on there. This from Sunday's Mudders and Grunters, with junior team member Billy Hild showing off his mud-soaked foot. Billy's shoe came off early in the race and you can see the result. Also in the photo are Schab, Ritter and Hopkins. Sincere congratulations to our friends at the Albany Running Exchange for capturing the team title and the Skull. Hopkins admitted this was a "down year" for the Marist Running crew. But alas, no excuses. The better team won. ARE is a great club. We know several of those guys well -- one of the coaches, Dick Vincent, is a literal living legend and one of my running heroes (he had a running streak of over 30 years!). Several active members of the ARE (Webster, Chomps) are proud Marist Running Alums. And their Web site is killer. All in all, a great group and well-deserving of the Skull.

Quick note on Facebook: I'm still finding my way through it so be patient. If you have "friended" me or have sent me a note, I still don't know totally how to navigate my way through. I am very good at clicking "like" though, so beware of that. Also, I don't have a Smart Phone, so I do not check is frequently.

No comments: