Friday, December 2, 2011

Indoor track, here we come!

I always used to brag about how much the indoor season was my favorite. Back when we had a track in the former McCann Fieldhouse (now the spiffy McCann Arena!), practice most days was a snap: Log off my email account in the office, walk down the stairs and voila! … start practice.

Obviously, things are a little more complicated now.

But with the start of our indoor track season of competition tomorrow at Yale, I do have to say that I’m very much looking forward to coaching inside. The indoor season has a certain feel and an intensity to it, with spectators and coaches alike right on top of the action on the track; it is definitely a departure from cross country.

One major stressor that is eliminated: Weather conditions. Perhaps, more than anything else, this is what makes indoor track appealing to both athletes and coaches alike.

Check back later this weekend for details and results ...

No comments: