Thursday, July 22, 2010

Trend setter?

Remember my "Fool in the Pool" post from a while back? Well, I'm still at it in the pool -- doing my AquaJogging several days per week. Now, apparently, I have a bit of a cult following.

During the summer, I work in an academic program with a few student-athletes several mornings per week. They happened to see me doing my thing in the pool one afternoon and asked me about it in class the next morning.

When I told them what it was about, they were curious and decided to try it. And they got their coaches to try it to. All reported that it was "a lot harder than it looks" and they "could not believe" I did that for an entire 30 minutes without stopping.

All reported to enjoy it and found it therapeutic.

So, for as old and as fat and as slow as I have become ... at least I can still (sort of) impress someone out there.

No comments: