Monday, June 14, 2010

Sorry. Can't get into the World Cup

I know many of you reading this are into the FIFA World Cup. Please. Don't ask me if I watched the game. Whatever game it is. I didn't. And I probably won't (unless the US makes the final game, and that's probably not happening, right?).

Sorry, Web. You just spent the spring semester in Fiorenza and went to a few futbol games over there. Good stuff, right? I'm sure it is. I'm sure you enjoyed it.

Me? I'd rather watch 20 innings of scoreless baseball than 2 hours of scoreless soccer. Nil-Nil? No thanks.

Hey, you don't like it, you can red card me or whatever.

Oh! While I've got your attention ... please send in training logs to me on a weekly basis so I know how you are doing. Many of you are good about this; others are not. I gots to know!

And a reminder: We are all set for the Team Barbecue on Saturday, July 17. Marist Riverfront. Hope you can make it.

Now, go back to your ESPN soccer coverage already...

1 comment:

Nick said...

Come on Pete, I know baseball is America's "past-time" but I would watch a soccer game before I could ever sit through baseball game even before going abroad. At least "athletes" aren't just standing there. By the way they call it "calcio" in Firenze***