Monday, July 4, 2016

Social media

During our recently completed trip out to the Fresno area for USATF Juniors, I became unusually proficient at Twitter. I was Tweeting from my laptop, from my phone, posting photos, posting videos, and otherwise "going HAM" (Marist sports info terminology) out there, to the delight of those sports info guys. Being an older guy, such things don't come easily to me. And as usual, it has led to the soul searching of whether this very blog is a bit outdated in the 140-character world of Twitter and other short-form Social Media platforms. The number of views per post has dwindled of late, especially the CA posts -- most of which were preceded and/or complemented by Tweets. I will continue to post here, but with the knowledge that we need to continue to expand our Social Media skill set in order to spread the word about our fine athletes in this program.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would use a combination of Twitter and the blog. You could tweet things like "MAAC championships day one: school record broken!", "XC training begins", etc., and include link to blog entry. Much easier to follow on Twitter.

Pete said...

Neat. Excellent suggestion. Thanks.

Ben Hughes said...

Keep the blog going!!!

Steve said...

I like Anonymous' suggestion and would also like to see the blog continue. I enjoy the longer form the blog provides but with that said, what twitter should I be following to get the shorter blasts?