Monday, July 4, 2016

Bicentennial minute

Happy Fourth of July to one and all. Sorry for the lack of posts. It's that time of year. Not much going on about which to post, but I'll try to keep it going through the next 1.5 months, before things start to get busy again with the beginning of preseason XC camp. This weekend, my favorite radio station has been doing sets of 1976 music (Spirit of 76) in honor of the Independence Day holiday. It just dawned on me today that the Bicentennial Year of 1976 was 40 (FORTY!) years ago. Although I was just a kid back then, I remember that summer like it was last year. The buildup to that big July 4, 1976, was huge. I remember watching the "Bicentennial Minute" on TV during the year leading up to the big day. My brothers taped them on little cassette players. How quaint, huh? Fun fact! Some Founding Fathers thought this holiday should have been celebrated on July 2, but it wasn't to be. Besides! The Second of July just doesn't sound right. Anyway! I hope you had a great day and you were able to celebrate what was a beautiful weather day here in the Northeast.

No comments: