Friday, October 9, 2015

Met Championships: When I'm 64 ...

There's more than 100 years of Marist Running in this photo, as I was joined by most loyal alum Marty McGowan (Class of 1973), who made the long trek from Staten Island to bond with our Running Red Foxes at Van Cortlandt Park on Friday. As if on cue, soon after arriving it started pouring rain! But the shower was short-lived and Marty brightened our day as much as the sunshine that followed the rain. Marty has no direct connection to our current team, other than a love for his former school and his former team. He regaled current team members with stories of long-ago races at Vanny, and even revealed his age in song, by quoting the Beatles. "Will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I'm 64?" The answer to both queries are a resounding yes. And next time, Marty, come back when we have the full tailgate going, and we'll most certainly feed you. Great to see our old friend ...

No comments: