Friday, October 16, 2015

Marthy in Georgia: Fast 5k!

Thanks to Marist Running Alum (and middle distance school record holder) David Marthy for the following race report from Georgia: 
Hey Pete! Long time no talk! I'm living the dream down here in Georgia. I've been busy completing Infantry Basic Officer Leadership Course.  Lots of training during the week, but the weekends are full of rest and sometimes extra PT. Last weekend I was fortunate enough to run in the Mogidishu Mile 5k Race, which commerates the Rangers who served in the Battle of Mogidishu (Commonly known as Black Hawk Down). Furthermore - this overweight, mid-distance runner (shout out to Schanz) managed to finish the mostly flat course in 15:45. I ended up coming in second. Somebody named David MARLEY beat me out for first by over 45 seconds. Dammit Marley. Hope the team and program are excelling, I miss it all a lot.

No comments: