Saturday, December 22, 2012

Notes from the couch

Yeah. I've watched way too much TV the past several days. With a pounding, throbbing head, my favorite non-physical pastime of reading is not even that enjoyable. So, I've had to stick with the most passive of activities: Staring at the boob tube. A few random observations from the world of sports and politics:

--Men's basketball players, college and pro, have an inordinate amount of tattoos on their bodies. Wow.
--Jason KIDD? How old is HE? 50? Damn. Around 20 years ago, when I still cared about basketball, he was a good player, I think. Now, he's bald (well, I guess he has been for a while) and on the Knicks. But here's the kicker: He's still REALLY GOOD (and so are the Knicks). Who knew?
--The NYC Marathon refund policy is actually better than I thought it would be. They couldn't make everyone happy, but I think this is about as fair as you can make it.
--I was in a half-asleep haze when that NRA guy spoke yesterday. I swear I thought it was a Saturday Night Live parody skit or something. This guy's serious? Wow.
--Anyone that follows politics even remotely has to have little confidence in all our elected officials -- both parties -- that they cannot figure out this fiscal cliff thing. This isn't some ego-game, guys; this is our LIVES. Figure it out, already!

There you go. If I offended anyone, sorry; I can still blame it on this insidious illness. Did I mention I'll get the flu shot next year?

No comments: