Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A baby girl hits double digits


Our daughter Natalie turns 10 today. This, of course, is difficult to fathom. It seems like last week that she came into this world via unplanned C-section – the only one of our children to be delivered in this fashion. Because of this, she came out looking perfectly angelic – let’s face it, “normal” birth babies use their heads as battering rams to get out and gasp their first breaths, and their tiny skulls reflect this!

Of course, being our only daughter, naturally she is our “pretty little girl.” Or, as I like to call her, “my favorite daughter,” to which she replies that I’m her “favorite dad.”

Anyway, as always I harken back to older friends and family members who told us in finger-wagging fashion that “it will all fly by” once you have children. Of course, they were and are correct. Our baby girl is 10, and our oldest son will be a teenager in a matter of weeks. The gray hair on my head reminds me that time is whirring by rapidly.

No comments: