Saturday, May 19, 2012

Commencement today


It was the perfect day for the perfect graduating class.

I probably say it every year, but I’m really going to miss this group. This group of graduating seniors, the Class of 2012, will stick out clearly in my mind, for many reasons. The biggest reason is that, top to bottom, men and women, they were and are just the most wonderful human beings to be around on a daily basis. More than anything else, I will simply miss their smiling faces and pleasant dispositions every day. It makes me cry just to think about this.

The sun shone brightly, there was a nice breeze, and the ceremony moved along briskly. The commencement speaker and valedictorian addresses were remarkably wonderful, succinct and memorable. The ceremony ended in less than 2 hours, and it was splendid from start to finish.

Did I mention how much I’m going to miss this group of graduating seniors? Well, I am. Fortunately, a few will be around for fifth-year graduate studies. And all will be around in our hearts forever as lifelong friends, hopefully loyal alums … and now and always members of the Marist Running family.

No comments: