Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Pete's picks

Not sure why, these things go in cycles, but I have been listening to a lot of music lately. My gateway to musical taste is WDST, Radio Woodstock, 100.1 on the dial. It is the station that I make the guys listen to on van rides to practice – until they change it to lousy music or techno stations.

Anyway, my two recommended songs to listen to or download come directly from the WDST playlist.

The first is a song I like so much that I ended up going on iTunes and buying a whole bunch of his music. The artist’s name is Ray LaMontagne, and the song that I want you to listen to is called “Beg, Steal or Borrow.” An apt theme song for a program without facilities!

The second is a song that is heavy on the DST playlist, and one that really catches my ear every time. The artist’s name is Dawes and the song is called “A Little Bit of Everything.” Old-timers like me will hear a lot of Jackson Browne in this song.

Both songs are ones that I can listen to over and over and over again. I share them with you in hopes that maybe a few of you will like them a little.

No comments: